VST Produced Sound Effects


6.

Use Reaper post-production software to create audio using VST sound generating plugins. You must produce sound effects for your 2 minute computer game cut sequence.

This must be supported by annotated screen captures that show:

·         The sound generating plugins used.
·         Clear explanations of what type of sound effects that you have created.

·         Clear explanations of what this sound will be used to depict in your computer game audio cut sequence.
____________________________________________________________







With this sound, I used the Alphatron Instrument plug in and essentially adjusted every single thing I could in order to get an idea of how it changes the sound.

I also used the StepSequs in order to create a sequence, thus producing the sound.






Once again, I decided to use the Alphatron instrument, now with a better idea of what I could produce. I adjusted the feedback, delay and shuffle. I then proceeded to switch up the velocity and notes within the StepSequs in order to create a new sequence.






Here, I decided I wanted to create a sound which wouldn't be out of place in a 90's arcade game. After experimenting a little, I decided I wanted to create a short catchy tune which could be used for something like a Game over screen.







On this sound I found the Tapeotronic instrument. With this I decided to go for a simple soothing tone. I picture hearing this sort of sound in a cinematic for games such as The Legend of Zelda or Rayman 2.