Ambient & Directional Sound Recordings

1.

Use portable audio filed recorders to record 6 location ambient sounds and 6 focused directional sounds in a range of environments. Recorded sounds must feature altered file names that are specific to the location they were recorded.

You must also produce photographic evidence that clearly shows each person in your group using the portable sound recorders on location to capture ambient and directional sounds. These pictures can be taken using your mobile phone.

Recorded sounds must firstly be uploaded to your SoundCloud account profile page and embedded into a blog post with accompanying photographic evidence using the title Ambient & Directional Sound Recording Production.
____________________________________________________________


Pitch and Time Stretch





Multi-Track Sequence




With this sequence, I was trying to create a scene in which a proffesional on the Supernatural is explaining his proffession with a seaside backdrop.. However someone shows up and shoots him.

Here, I adjusted the track containing the voice of the Supernatural expert. I lowered the pitch of his voice in order to give his voice a stronger impression, this helps in bringing home the fact that he knows what he's talking about.


At this part of the sequence, I adjusted the voice of the man who shot the expert. I felt his original voice was way too high to be mennacing, so I lowered the pitch a great deal, but not so much that it becomes inconvincing. I also sped up the track, as within this sort of situation, I can't imagine the guy taking his time. He said what he needed to as fast as he could.


At this point, the expert is hit by the bullet. I used a grunt to reflct this. However the voice of the grunt was much higher than that of the expert. I lowered the pitch in order to make them match.


I also added a scream at the end of the sequence. A guy got shot, I figured it was appropiate for someone to scream. Once again I heightened the pitch, as the original scream didn't sound appropiate to the situation, the higher pitch gave it that edge. I also made it a little quicker, as with the higher pitch, it seemed weird for it to go on as long as it did. Screaming that high for so long would be murder on your throat.

I also added a thunder storm in the background once the killer shows up. It's not overly noticeable, but I feel it helps the ambience. I had it fade in from the sea side backdrop in order to disguise it's sudden appearence.